Posted to alt.home.repair,uk.d-i-y,alt.computer.workshop
Rod Speed Rod Speed is offline

Default OT: Why isn't China being held responsible for coronavirus?

"Frank" "frank wrote in message
It was caused by severe negligence - unsanitary conditions in wet meat
markets. If a company accidentally outputs a load of nuclear waste and
kills millions of people, they would be held accountable.

"There are only two ways it was released: by accident due to incompetence
at Wuhan Lab or the CCP had the virus weaponized and released on purpose.
Of course this would be construed as an act of war, an act of economic
warfare. Either way the CCP is responsible for the release of COVID-19
virus and damages incurred.
When I make a mistake and my mistake causes damages to another party, I
have a responsibility to pay for those damages. Why then is no one asking
for damages from the CCP?"

https://www.bakersfield.com/opinion/...ff946a943.html
https://www.express.co.uk/comment/ex...ogy-Trump-cost
https://foreignpolicy.com/2020/03/25...n-democracies/

Question that formed in my mind is that if only 5,000 people have died in
China from the virus and over 100 times that many in the US then maybe the
Chinese were trying to design a virus that does not kill Chinese people.

The reality is that they were extremely gung ho about stopping
the spread of the virus in Wuhan once they realised that it was
very infectious, including quite literally welding up the doors
of the flats of infected people and supplying them with food
and letting them either die or recover from the infection.

And didn't bother to record what people died of.

I think someone in China quipped that if they had designed it, it would
have been far more deadly.

Yep, that's correct.

Maybe they were working on that before it escaped the Wuhan labs.

Nope, what was in the labs was very different DNA wise.

My comments may sound nutty but we seem to be living in a nutty world
today.

Only as far as silly conspiracy theorys are concerned.