Nick Hull

Default Considering a metal roof... need advice please

In article . net,
"rck" wrote:

Metal roof is very common here in Tennessee. Weight is not an issue because
they usually remove the shingles before screwing down the metal. The metal
is lighter than the shingles. In your location, the snow will weigh more
than the metal roof. I've had to replace shingles in the past and now with
the metal roof, there is no ways I'd ever consider a shingle roof again.
This roof is guaranteed for 50 years. We've had some bad storms, hail, wind,
never had a problem with the roof.

I'm also in TN and have a metal roof. My house has an aluminum roof but
if I had to do it over I would use steel as I have on several
outbuildings. The difference is that you need to SCREW the roof down,
nails will pull out and you can't get aluminum screws. Al also tends to
tear around the nails, although my house Al roof has stood for 25 years.

--
Free men own guns, slaves don't
www.geocities.com/CapitolHill/5357/