Posted to alt.home.repair,rec.autos.tech
Scott Lurndal Scott Lurndal is offline

Default Clock lights up only at night, 2005 Toyota Solara, can't be seen in the daytime

micky writes:

BTW, if I use a dark-colored multi-layer rag to cover the light sensor
in the dashboard, I will trick the headlights into going on in the day
time. It takes 4 or 5 seconds for them to go on, and then about the
same for them to go off when I remove the rag. But doing this doesn't
make the Clock lights go on. But night time does make the clock lights
go on. What makes the car think it's night if covering the light
sensor didn't do that? WHAT ELSE COULD THERE BE?

Um. It's a clock. Maybe it just knows what time it is.