BillR

Default Choosing a Consumer Unit (Electrical)

the yorkshire dalesman wrote:
What are the pros & cons of the various makes (apart from cost) of
Consumer Unit?

eg the TLC catalog lists MK, Wylex and Contactum & there's others.

Is Contactum a TLC own-brand?

I'm looking for a (plastic cased) 12 to 15 way split load (80A
RCD/100A plain) preferably with a moveable division, but would also
consider separate RCD & plain units. Price matters but not nearly so
much as quality - ie I don't want to have to replace it again (ever -
if eternity exists).

many thanks for any advice/experience/views.

I've recently fitted 2 of the Wylex 12 way spilt-load kits that Screwfix
sell. They seem good quality and easy to fit.
The kits were 70 quid but are now 75.
In both cases they replaced Wylex cartridge fuse type units that were still
going strong after 25+years.