Posted to uk.d-i-y,uk.tech.digital-tv
Paul[_46_] Paul[_46_] is offline

Default oscilloscope

williamwright wrote:
A friend of mine (one who has been enormously helpful to me in the past)
needs to borrow an oscilloscope. It's to set up some complex thing; the
heads on some sort of video equipment I think. TBH I couldn't follow his
technobabble. Is there anyone not too far from Doncaster/Rotherham who
could lend him one? I'd do the running about.

Bill

Would that be dealing with a 6MHz baseband signal ?

http://www.industrial-electronics.co...-Elec_14c.html

https://tv-handbook.com/Basic%20Video.html

That's well outside a bodge based on a sound card :-)

You've got Nyquists sampling theorem and needing to have
a bit more speed to do a good job. Plus, for video work,
there are probably some "canonical views" that an expert
would appreciate seeing. Not just any old lousy oscilloscope
trigger.

Are there still TV repair shops ? Or are they gone gone gone ?
Maybe someone in such a shop, knows how to adjust the
head on a player.

Paul