Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default "Electric car range anxiety to be cured by battery that charges in five minutes"

In article ,
Steve Walker wrote:
How can you plan for a sudden death and the funeral being the next day,
on the far side of Ireland?

In Ireland if someone dies in the night, people are typically notified
the next day and the funeral is the day after. We found out when we got
home from work and found the message shortly after 5pm - we had to get
from Manchester to Sligo for the funeral at 11am. Too late to drop the
kids off and get a flight that night, first flight in the morning
arriving too late for us to get a hire car and cross Ireland. The only
option to drive and use the ferry. With time to drop the kids, get
suitable clothes together, book ferries, etc., we arrived at the church
with 15 minutes to spare.

Having a funeral quickly after death dates from the days before
refrigeration and also people travelling long distances to funerals. When
they were a quick local affair.

No real reason to have them so soon today.

--
*A computer once beat me at chess, but it was no match for me at kickboxing.

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.