Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default "Electric car range anxiety to be cured by battery that chargesin five minutes"

On 19/05/2021 17:50, Tim Streater wrote:
On 19 May 2021 at 16:57:26 BST, GB wrote:

On 19/05/2021 16:18, Tim Streater wrote:

If the alternative is climate catastrophe, then I'm prepared to stop
occasionally.

How d'ye know that's the alternative?

Let's do a risk analysis:

Suppose all the scientists concerned about climate catastrophe are
wrong, then you'll be suffering a little inconvenience unnecessarily.
That's not the end of the world.

A little inconvenience? Are ye mad? We'd be spending trillions to completely
change our infrastructure and lifestyle and you call that "a little
inconvenience".

Well the changeover from horses and choochoos to cars took about 50
years and was equally massive.

As has been the impact of the internet in what - 30 years - its ****ed
the high street completely.
I think we will change, and we will have to change, but not along the
lines dictated by stupid GreenThink and ArtStudents.

I would far rather let the market decide than being forced down a path
on ideological grounds.

The fact that electric cars in real terms cost more than fuel cars is
strong evidence that they are overall using more energy. Forcing
scrappage of cars with useful working lives still in them is also an
indication of more energy being used than is necessary.

If all this GreenCrap„¢ was such a good idea why is it necessary to
enforce its use by laws and by subsidy?

If there were a level playing field in energy, we would be 100% nuclear
powered grid wise, and the cost of nuclear electricity versus fuel would
already have ensured that most people used electric heating. As happened
in France.

But a lot of people make a lot of money out of lobbying governments and
setting up or usurping control of 'green' groups to ensure that the
playing field resembles a ski slope.

Globally, energy is the biggest single market sector in the world.
Civilisation depends on it.

Did you really expect anyone to tell you the truth about it?

Bless!

--
The lifetime of any political organisation is about three years before
its been subverted by the people it tried to warn you about.

Anon.