Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default "Electric car range anxiety to be cured by battery that chargesin five minutes"

On 20/05/2021 12:00, Robin wrote:
On 20/05/2021 11:21, GB wrote:

Clearly, if semi-arid regions become arid, that will lead to major
difficulties for a significant chunk of the world's population.

One giant step for those humans, one small step for humanity?

I mean its bollox. He might as well have said

'Clearly, if vast areas of permafrost tundra become grass covered
steppes, there is room for far more people to live there'

This is illogical extrapolation of low probability events to justify actions

If we don't address CO2 emissions we *may* end up *slightly* worse off.

But if we *do* address CO2 emissions to net zero we *WILL* end up
*MASSIVELY* worse off.

And get taken over by the Asians, who don't give a **** about climate
change anyway and need a place to put their populations

If the last 18 months have shown us anything, its that Brexit and
Climate change are the least of our worries.

--
€śThose who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit
atrocities.€ť

€• Voltaire, Questions sur les Miracles Ă* M. Claparede, Professeur de
ThĂ©ologie Ă* Genève, par un Proposant: Ou Extrait de Diverses Lettres de
M. de Voltaire