Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default "Electric car range anxiety to be cured by battery that chargesin five minutes"

On 20/05/2021 10:56, GB wrote:
On 19/05/2021 21:11, Tim Streater wrote:

1) We are still coming out of the Little Ice Age.

2) We are in an interglacial and can expect to return to a period of
severe
glaciation.

I understand there are lots of pet theories that it's all to do with the
sun, etc. However, the downside with those theories being wrong is
horrendous.

Dear GB.

The Problem of Induction says that the world may be explained by any
number of more or less wild hypotheses, but these fall into,
ultimately. as Karl Popper pointed out, three categories.

1. Those that are demonstrably wrong. We call these junk science or bunk
or nonsense.
2. Those that potentially could be demonstrated to be wrong, but
*haven't been yet*. We call these 'science'.
3. Those that cannot be even theoretically demonstrated to be wrong. Or
indeed right. These we call 'metaphysical'. They are in the end acts of
faith, or assumptions we make that are so basic that they form the
foundations of how we think.

Global warming started off briefly in category 2. It was a hypothesis
that seemed to make sense, and hadn't been disproved yet. By around
2015, it had been disproved. It was junk science. bunk.

But then massive amounts of money were poured in to moving it from junk
science to metaphysics. An unquestioned and indeed unquestionable Act of
Faith.

Now, it doesn't matter what happens to the climate, "CO2 is causing it".

In the same way that a Muslim mutters 'in'shallah' (it is Gods will)
today's liberal climatard mutters 'its Co2 what dunnit' (Or Brexit, or
the Russians or the tory toffs or White Men or whatever...)

Not because of any demonstrable causal connection, but because this is
the simple bigotry that has been instilled as as an every day exercise
in the abuse of metaphysics.

Or as you know it, marketing and propaganda.

The fact of the matter is that you are scared. You are meant to be
scared. You have deliberately been scared out of your tiny mind.

The world has undergone far far more horrendous climate change over its
unrecorded history than ANYTHING being predicted by even the most
egregious climatard.

All without man made CO2.

It is clear that irrespective of theories, we are the result of and
subject to, having found an ecological niche in a broad range of
climates, and have survived so far. For only a few thousand years.
Dinosaurs were around for millions, before being wiped out by an asteroid

Shouldn't you be voting for orbital space guns to deflect asteroids?

There are risks from asteroids. There are risk from natural climate change.

The one thing there is *no* risk from, is man made climate change due to CO2

All the evidence *utterly refutes* any correlation of *significance*
between rising CO2 and rising temperatures. There may be a little, but
it's dwarfed by other effects like multidecadal fluctuations in ocean
current and temperature, the sun's output, and so on.

Climate change happens, its always happened,but it's *nothing to do*
with CO2. Indeed all the palaeological evidence is that rising
temperatures cause rising CO2 levels after a couple of hundred years due
to outgassing from warmer oceans.

Climate change is not an inconvenient truth. As any propagandist knows,
you always tell the exact opposite of the truth

Climate change is a politically most convenient lie.

It justifies transfer of power and money from the citizen into the
pockets of crony capitalists, and politicians and justifies more and
more centralised bureaucracy.

The money so garnered is partly spent on buying journalists and
scientists with grants, to further reinforce the credibility of the lie,
which has now probably - after religion - become the biggest lie ever told.

--
Any fool can believe in principles - and most of them do!