Posted to uk.d-i-y
Rod Speed Rod Speed is offline

Default "Electric car range anxiety to be cured by battery that charges in five minutes"

T i m wrote
Rod Speed wrote
T i m wrote

You can do it with pipes but I think the cost / risk (with
petrol, compared with water or gas) wouldn't be viable,

It is actually. Done with airports and ports all the time now.

Except your reply was premature,

Nope.

that aren't spread across the country

Corse it is.

or operated by 'Joe Public'.

Corse it is with boats.

And with that pipeline that just got hacked in the USA too.

See above.

See above.

especially retrospectively throughout a density populated
country like ours (and for direct usage by Joe Public).

Works fine with airports, ports etc.

See above.

See above.

I know they 'can' pump all sort of stuff fairly long distances

Across the entire country and entire regions in fact.

(Dad was on Shell Tankers for 12 years) but it's funny that after 100
years of the IC engine, they still don't (for Joe Public to access)?

Yes they do.