Posted to uk.d-i-y
Robin Robin is offline

Default "Electric car range anxiety to be cured by battery that chargesin five minutes"

On 20/05/2021 10:56, GB wrote:
On 19/05/2021 21:11, Tim Streater wrote:

1) We are still coming out of the Little Ice Age.

2) We are in an interglacial and can expect to return to a period of
severe
glaciation.

I understand there are lots of pet theories that it's all to do with the
sun, etc. However, the downside with those theories being wrong is
horrendous.

FTAOD I'm not disputing the likelihood of climate change, just the
hyperbolic (not to say hysterical) exaggerations of its effects.

And of course the dishonest accounts of what it will cost. Eg have you
seen how terraced houses with solid walls and suspended floors are meant
to be brought into the brave new world* while still occupied? And what
it will cost (especially if you pay attention to the risks of rot which
may well militate for replacing timber suspended floors by
block-and-beam or solid)?

*underfloor insulation; underfloor heating or new, larger radiators,
internal or external wall insulation; heat pump;

--
Robin