Posted to uk.d-i-y
Rod Speed Rod Speed is offline

Default "Electric car range anxiety to be cured by battery that charges in five minutes"

"GB" wrote in message
On 19/05/2021 16:18, Tim Streater wrote:

If the alternative is climate catastrophe, then I'm prepared to stop
occasionally.

How d'ye know that's the alternative?

Let's do a risk analysis:

Suppose all the scientists concerned about climate catastrophe are wrong,
then you'll be suffering a little inconvenience unnecessarily.

A ****ing great inconvenience, actually.

That's not the end of the world.

Suppose all the scientists concerned about climate catastrophe are right,
but we refuse to suffer a little inconvenience. That is the end of the
world.

There is no possibility what so ever of the end of the world
and not one credible scientist even claims anything like that.

The most that might conceivably happen is the rise in
global temperatures by a few degrees which isnt even
necessarily a bad thing for most of the world and at most
a few inches sea levels which would be a complete yawn
for all but a few inhabited islands, most of the inhabitants
of which already migrate to better places for economic
reasons alone.

I don't feel that I need to know for certain that the climate catastrophe
hypothesis is correct. It's just not fair to future generations to risk
it.

BULL****.