Posted to uk.d-i-y
Rod Speed Rod Speed is offline

Default "Electric car range anxiety to be cured by battery that charges in five minutes"

"NY" wrote in message
Would you normally take a rest break for as long as it *really* takes to
recharge a car - not the fairyland figure of 5 minutes.

20 minutes is my usual nap time if I am in danger of falling asleep.,
Otherwise 10 minutes - fillup, pay, cup of coffee and a pee.

Your car has an estimated range of (let's say) 50 miles remaining in the
battery. You still have 200 miles to go. How much extra range will you add
in a 20 minute break? Enough to get you home? I doubt it.

When we do a long journey we tend to take sandwiches and other snacks and
eat in the car.

Me too tho its only an apple and some tap water in a thermal thing.

And we'd choose somewhere quiet with a nice view,

I dont bother and its normally one of the road metal
dumps we have on all our rural roads, where they dump
the road metal/gravel when resurfacing the roads.

not a garage forecourt or motorway service station.

Yeah, **** that, the most I do is zoom
thru in minutes when filling with petrol.

Back to the problem that the place where you would choose to stop is not
the place with the power.

Yep, it never will be with me, not even for a ****.