Posted to uk.d-i-y
Rod Speed Rod Speed is offline

Default "Electric car range anxiety to be cured by battery that charges in five minutes"

"Theo" wrote in message
Steve Walker wrote:
They are never going to provide charging on cross-channel ferries.

The house we were "visiting" (to buy) was not ours until we had done the
paperwork, had only a 3kW supply limit, was at the time disconnected and
we only stopped there long enough to look (bought as seen on the day)
and again for an hour to spray woodworm killer.

Charging anywhere on route, would have delayed us considerably.

So for the one weekend in your life when you drive to France, buy a house,
spray it with woodworm killer, and drive home again, you rent a petrol or
diesel car.

**** that I want my car to do everything I am likely to do.

Perhaps the other weekends in your life don't involve
nonstop driving 1000+ miles and are not as action-packed?

But a lot more farting around using a rental. I just fill the car
the day before or on the way out. Much less farting around.