Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default "Electric car range anxiety to be cured by battery that chargesin five minutes"

In article ,
Steve Walker wrote:
On 19/05/2021 16:57, GB wrote:
On 19/05/2021 16:18, Tim Streater wrote:

If the alternative is climate catastrophe, then I'm prepared to stop
occasionally.

How d'ye know that's the alternative?

Let's do a risk analysis:

Suppose all the scientists concerned about climate catastrophe are
wrong, then you'll be suffering a little inconvenience unnecessarily.
That's not the end of the world.

Suppose all the scientists concerned about climate catastrophe are
right, but we refuse to suffer a little inconvenience. That is the end
of the world.

It's not a "little inconvenience" when you are literally unable to get
to a family funeral in time without a petrol or diesel car!

Oh c'mon, Steve. How many funerals are arrange with no notice?

Typical for Ireland. Someone dies in the evening or during the night,
people are notified the next day and the funeral takes place the
following day. With being out at work, you may not (as happened for us)
find out until the evening - funeral was on the West coast of Ireland
the following morning.

With a large extended family of my in-laws (13 siblings on one side and
8 on the other), we have attended many funerals and most are at short
notice.