Posted to alt.computer.workshop,alt.home.repair,uk.d-i-y
Snit[_3_] Snit[_3_] is offline

Default Spank!

On May 19, 2021 at 1:26:55 PM MST, ""Rod Speed"" wrote
:

This speaks very poorly of our citizens and our system.

Thats very arguable too given the utterly insane
spending binge that Biden has just proposed.
But it remains to be seen how much of that the
current Congress will be stupid enough to buy.

What do you think he is spending on that he should not?

Everything given the required spending on the virus.

Some of the spending is tied to the pandemic. Can you be more specific?

If that happens I would be very open to listening to their message.

Yes there are currently a lot more floating
voters than usual due to Trump, but more
rabid fanatical supporters too.

Yes. I live in a place where the extremists are very common. Paul Gosar
was a keynote speaker at the White Nationalist Convention.

What is even worse is how few Republicans spoke out against it..

Yeah, most appear to have decided
that Trump is the only hope they have.

They could well be right about that too.

I do hope the Republicans splinter:

Cant see that happening myself. Thats always been one unusual
thing about the two partys in the USA, they dont do that.

Not for a LONG time anyway... but it is good to see there are internal battles
in both.

Really what we need is a system where the rich cannot easily bribe
representatives for favors. Mitch McConnell has even recently been open about
this being how the system works (as if there as any question).

https://www.nytimes.com/2021/05/11/u...rty-trump.html

The current nonsense about how science and evidence should be ignored
for the sake of special entitlements and backing Trump no matter how
insane he is makes the Republican party appealing only to the most
absurd people.

But its not hard to see why the repugs continue
with Trump given that they dont have anyone
who has so many fanatical supporters. Not
something the US sees very often at all.

The parallels between Trump and Hitler are scary.

Yep, but there is no way that Congress can vote
itself out of existence and the USA ends up with
a dictator that can do anything he likes.

True... but they can all roll over for a dictator,

Congress cant.

What's stopping them?

as they did when all but one walked out on Liz Cheney when she noted that
Trump is not the president.

Thats the party, not the country. The Dems made Sanders
and AOC irrelevant too, tho a bit more subtlety.

The corporate control is strong. But if the Republicans end up with the House,
the Senate, and the White House what is to stop them from pushing the Trump
agenda of bigotry? And keep in mind that the SCOTUS is quite right wing.

Hitler also had a failed attempt to take over illegally... and then
came back a few years later.

But there is no equivalent of Hindenburg in the US system.

But we have a bunch of mindless followers... essentially a cult.

Yes, but they dont have the power that Hindenburg had.

That is fair.

And that cult has an iron grip on the Republican party.

Because there is no real alternative until Trump can no longer run.

His cult will be just as irrelevant as the Tea Party fools became.

Hopefully by 2024 Trump is in prison.

Will Trump or whomever it is that takes over his movement do the same?

It wouldnt work even if they tried it essentially
because there is no equivalent of Hindenburg
and it isnt even possible for Congress to vote
itself out of existence either.

They did not need that to push the family separation policy and the
concentration camps on the border

Yes, but that was because enough voted for Trump.

Nothing like what got Hitler to be able to do anything he wanted.

There are still too many similarities... though of course things are not
exact.

(which, to be clear and to be fair, are not the same as death camps).

Yep, and even that wouldnt have been
possible with US citizens, just illegals.

We have had camps of US citizens in the past.

But the xenophobic and racist fear mongering is much the same.

Yes, but not possible with US citizens.

Right now there are those looking to make sure the LGBTQ+ community and women
lose rights. And people of color.

I hope not.

--
Personal attacks from those who troll show their own insecurity. They cannot
use reason to show the message to be wrong so they try to feel somehow