Posted to uk.d-i-y
Theo[_3_] Theo[_3_] is offline

Default "Electric car range anxiety to be cured by battery that charges in five minutes"

charles wrote:
I'd considered that as a possibility when thinking about buying an electric
car. Ah - I'm 81 and hiring a car if you're over 80 it is, apparently,
very difficult.

Do you do journeys of 300+ miles without any breaks?

If you don't, an EV is likely to be able to handle it (although perhaps
there are other reasons why it might not suit). I think the people who do
major road trips without stopping for refreshment or toilets might be in the
minority.

Theo