Posted to alt.computer.workshop,alt.home.repair,uk.d-i-y
Snit[_3_] Snit[_3_] is offline

Default Spank!

On May 19, 2021 at 11:51:29 AM MST, ""Commander Kinsey"" wrote
:

By the way, you chop babies in half, fry them up, and serve them as funny
tortillas.

That's not trolling, that's just a crappy insult.

Much of the trolling here is people just making things up about others.
Here
is a recent example of Carroll'a trolling:

Carroll :
-----
Snit's 'argument' is the lack of 'one distro to rule them all',
thus making Linux inferior, at least, on the desktop.
-----

He made up a claim -- a completely false one -- and then uses it to try to
get
my attention. The game is not to pretend I actually believe that. Carroll
knows he cannot back it given he is speaking FOR me and I have never said
any
such thing. But if questioned he will say I did, but he cannot or will not
quote it. Or he will say someone else said I said it. Or say I said it but
did
not know I did. Or whatever. The debate would go on for dozens or hundreds
of
posts, with me sharing my actual view (I want MORE differentiation between
distros) and Carroll insisting he knows MY view better than I do.

That is a key to his trolling.

The other requirement is you being too stupid to use a killfile.

I would still see the quotes, but then not be able to check what the original
was -- at least not as easily. Being set to auto-read means I can still get
access if I want. Doing the same with Gremlin currently.

--
Personal attacks from those who troll show their own insecurity. They cannot
use reason to show the message to be wrong so they try to feel somehow