Posted to uk.d-i-y
T i m T i m is offline

Default "Electric car range anxiety to be cured by battery that charges in five minutes"

On Wed, 19 May 2021 17:01:53 +0100, GB
wrote:

On 19/05/2021 16:45, charles wrote:

The problem comes when the place where you take
a planned break is not the same place as the one where you can charge
the car.

Surely, if everybody has electric cars, that won't be a problem? At the
moment, there's very little electric car infrastructure, as there are
very few electric cars.

so, a picnic spot in the wilds of nowhere is going to have a charging poit?

All right, that's a fair point.

Far point? ;-)

Everywhere was 'in the middle of nowhere' till someone put up a pub or
windmill and then 'they came' ...

However, I don't think it justifies
ruining the planet.

Quite and have you noticed that all those in favour of us carrying on
as we are now, no consideration what so ever that we may not be able
to (unsustainable) and *will* have to change our lifestyles, possibly
dramatically if we want to survive?

All this assumption that we could just jump in our personal transport
and burn fossil fuels polluting the atmosphere that we are all
breathing, just for the fun of doing so for ever ...

Covid19 has already changed the way many people work, live and play
for ever and I believe this is just the start.

In any case, my wife refuses to pee in the bushes, so we'll have to go
somewhere with a more or less decent loo.

Or take your own (if you have the car with you)?

Cheers, T i m