Posted to uk.d-i-y
charles charles is offline

Default "Electric car range anxiety to be cured by battery that charges in five minutes"

In article ,
GB wrote:
On 19/05/2021 15:42, NY wrote:
Will we have no choice but to stop every 200 miles
for a multi-hour break?

If the alternative is climate catastrophe, then I'm prepared to stop
occasionally. I'm surprised that anyone would suggest otherwise. Ofc, if
you think the whole climate catastrophe thing is hooey, you'll obviously
resent any lifestyle changes whatsoever.

You are overstating the length of the break, btw. The biggest Tesla
chargers can charge at up to 250 kW. That implies a more or less
complete recharge in under half an hour.

The problem comes when the place where you take
a planned break is not the same place as the one where you can charge
the car.

Surely, if everybody has electric cars, that won't be a problem? At the
moment, there's very little electric car infrastructure, as there are
very few electric cars.

so, a picnic spot in the wilds of nowhere is going to have a charging poit?

--
from KT24 in Surrey, England