Posted to uk.d-i-y
charles charles is offline

Default "Electric car range anxiety to be cured by battery that charges in five minutes"

In article ,
GB wrote:
On 19/05/2021 09:53, NY wrote:

My (diesel) car has a range of about 700 miles on a 60-litre tank.
Diesel has an energy density of about 38 MJ/litre.

The fact that your car can drive 700 miles without a fill-up does not
mean that you can drive it that far without a break.

For me, a practical use case is to be able to drive 1-2 hours between
breaks. I have a petrol car, but if I had an electric car, I'd just plug
it in at each rest break.

Assuming that there is a charge pont clear.

--
from KT24 in Surrey, England