Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default "Electric car range anxiety to be cured by battery that charges in five minutes"

On 19/05/2021 02:26, williamwright wrote:

Says the Times. How are the charging stations going to cope with that?

More interesting is how the cable interconnection and plug/socket cope!

We used to have some very high DC current supplies and magnetic
repulsion between the supply wires would cause metal fatigue after a
while. It will be interesting to see how a battery copes with it too.

A supercapacitor might be OK but I can't see diffusion limited chemical
reactions tolerating superfast charging without a much shortened life.

--
Regards,
Martin Brown