Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default "Electric car range anxiety to be cured by battery that chargesin five minutes"

On 19/05/2021 14:02, NY wrote:
"GB" wrote in message
On 19/05/2021 09:53, NY wrote:

My (diesel) car has a range of about 700 miles on a 60-litre tank.
Diesel has an energy density of about 38 MJ/litre.

The fact that your car can drive 700 miles without a fill-up does not
mean that you can drive it that far without a break.

For me, a practical use case is to be able to drive 1-2 hours between
breaks. I have a petrol car, but if I had an electric car, I'd just
plug it in at each rest break.

Would you normally take a rest break for as long as it *really* takes to
recharge a car - not the fairyland figure of 5 minutes.

20 minutes is my usual nap time if I am in danger of falling asleep.,
Otherwise 10 minutes - fillup, pay, cup of coffee and a pee.

--
"A point of view can be a dangerous luxury when substituted for insight
and understanding".

Marshall McLuhan