Posted to uk.d-i-y
Clive Arthur[_2_] Clive Arthur[_2_] is offline

Default "Electric car range anxiety to be cured by battery that chargesin five minutes"

On 19/05/2021 13:25, NY wrote:

snipped

Yes. Assuming you want a charging cable that is easy to coil up into the
car when not in use and which isn't so stiff and heavy that you need to
be built like Arnold Schwarzeneger to wrestle with it, you need to keep
the conductor cross section (and therefore the current) to a reasonable
level. And as you say, if you want a certain power and the current must
be low, the voltage must be frighteningly high. I'm not sure I want to
be close to a cable carrying 10 kV, no matter how good the safety
interlocks are to prevent power being applied until the cable is proved
to be safely connected, and so it will cut out as soon as the cable is
removed.

Have a separate fast charge connector under the vehicle, accessed
automatically.

--
Cheers
Clive