Posted to uk.d-i-y
John Rumm John Rumm is offline

Default Can I replace Fluidmaster fill valve with Flomasta?

On 19/05/2021 08:26, MM wrote:
The cistern is fitted with the Fluidmaster bottom entry fill valve,
but Screwfix doesn't stock this currently. They do however stock the
Flomasta bottom entry fill valve. The two products look
interchangeable, but can someone please reassure me that the Flomasta
should be okay?

As a general rule they are interchangeable. It can be worth checking
that the threaded bit which fits the tap connector is similar in length
so that it will still mate ok with any rigid pipework.

Also check the clearances around the valve allow it to fit in the space
in the cistern. (they usually do IME)

--
Cheers,

John.