Posted to alt.home.repair
micky micky is offline

Default Tanglefoot and cicadas

If I put Tanglefoot on my cherry tree to keep the ants from eating the
cherries, will it prevent the cicadas from having a happy life?

Will they be unable to get to the branches where they do their thing?

The cherries are a half-inch in diameter now, and I don't think the ants
are interested yet. I didn't see any. But in the past the cherries
were ready for me around May 2, and the ants arrived a day or two
earlier. So I have about 11 days.

OTOH, the cicadas have been promised for early may and here it is the
19th, and they're not here yet. I think the news reports are like the
reports of a Chinese rover on Mars, when every one knows it was trucked,
not flown and certainly not rocketed, to the Gobi desert. Just check
within Infowars and you'll see that this is well known. It even reveals
what is not well-known, that the Chinese use a light red filter on their
camera to make the images look more like Mars.

There actually are 3 cicada shells on lower branches of the cherry tree,
but I don't know how they got there. Do the cicadas crawl up the trunk.

What should I do to promote the well-being of our Hemiptera brothers?