Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default size voltage divider I need for transceiver to spectrum analyzer?

Jason wrote:
=============
Phil Allison wrote:

** Best a safest answer & "short" = about 100mm.

Either that or a single loop around the co-ax feeding a dummy load.

Tried the loop around the coax, just a prior loop I had made up one time
for RG-8 (this is RG-58 I'm using now). It's not tight around the RG-58
of course, but output stays well within the analyzer limit. However,
harmonics vary depending on where I move the loop.

** You using a proper 50 ohm dummy load or your antenna ?

Cos that result sounds like you have standing waves on the co-ax at harmonic frequencies.

....... Phil