Pop Rivet

Default New dryer install - use the same cord and outlet?

"Steve B." this is not my real [email protected] wrote in
message ...
On Thu, 15 Jul 2004 21:07:11 -0400, "Pop Rivet"

wrote:

Question: Didn't the dryer come with a cord attached?

It
had to have had one if it was bought legally. In such

case,
the receptacle MUST accept the supplied plug on the

dryer.
IF it came without a plug, and you are in North America,
then the UL/CSA integrity has been broken and this is not

legal device. Your home or renter's insurance would look
down on such a thing if it caused a fire; as in, not
covered.

Not to doubt you but I have never bought a dryer or stove

that came
with a cord attached... They always sell them extra at

some ridiculous
mark up. When did they change this?

Steve B.

Far as I know it's never changed. HOWever, it also depends
on what country you're in, which is why I asked if it was
North America or where? In the UK for example, hardly
anything comes with a cord, but in the US, an electric dryer
will always come with a cord attached, which also is the
correct NEMA. All you have to do is plug it into a correct
receptacle for the supplied plug.
You CAN get them without cords, if you ask and the
retailer is willing, but ... that's not the norm. Normally
you just "plug it in" unless it's a hard-wire or some
special job. I'm beginning to think the OP isn't in NA but
haven't looked at all the threads.

Pop