Posted to uk.d-i-y
T i m T i m is offline

Default OT: Eating sentient beings?

On Tue, 18 May 2021 08:39:02 -0700 (PDT), whisky-dave
wrote:

snip

Not many animals are inteligent enough to hate or kill each other because they believe in
difernt magical beings.

snip

Quite, but our (daughters) dog is defiantly fearful of one dog (twice
his size) because it has previously attacked him (out of the blue and
not badly luckily).

I didn't realise we were following this dog along a pavement (a few
hundred m behind and a year since the attack) and I wondered why our
dog kept trying to cross the road. It was only when I checked further
up the road did it all make sense as it appeared we were catching them
up.

Ah, he's just told me it's 5:30 so his dinner time. ;-)

(We have just started the last batch of the 'quality' kibble and when
daughter comes back from her holiday we will blend what's left with
the vegan kibble 'complete food' she has ready.

Then it will be the vegan kibble and a mix of veg, pulses, sweet
potato (being cautious not to add to much of the sweeter veg). As it
happens he seems to love all the veg, typically leaving (meat based)
kibble and eating all the veg (then going back to it later when he's
hungry again).

Dogs are omnivores so as long as they get all the key nutrition, there
is no reason they can't live and thrive on a well planned vegan diet.

Cheers, T i m