Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Stockpiling boilers.

It won't happen. At least if it does somebody is going to have to build some
nuclear reactors very quickly to serve all the electric heat pumps.
These are used in many parts of the world of course, and are a pretty
mature technology now.

What with Electric vehicles and electric heating, the power is going to have
to come from somewhere especially in Winter.
I think the idea is a good one, but one wonders how much psh will be on to
actually do it.
Brian

The Sofa of Brian Gaff...

Blind user, so no pictures please
Note this Signature is meaningless.!
"Tim+" wrote in message
In the light of plans to stop new gas or oil boilers being fitted after
2025 how many folk are considering buying a "spare" boiler? ;-)

I must admit the thought has crossed my mind.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/science-environment-57149059.

I'm assuming that only professional installs can be banned.

Tim

--
Please don't feed the trolls