Posted to uk.d-i-y
Fredxx[_4_] Fredxx[_4_] is offline

Default ?Q?Re=3a_Stockpiling_boilers=e2=80=a6?=

On 18/05/2021 17:19, Steve Walker wrote:
On 18/05/2021 12:01, Tim+ wrote:
Martin Brown wrote:
On 18/05/2021 09:37, Tricky Dicky wrote:
On Tuesday, May 18, 2021 at 9:31:34 AM UTC+1, Tim+ wrote:

In the light of plans to stop new gas or oil boilers being fitted
after
2025 how many folk are considering buying a €śspare€ť boiler? ;-)

I must admit the thought has crossed my mind€¦

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/science-environment-57149059.

Im assuming that only professional installs can be banned.

A non-professional gas installation voids your household insurance.

Seriously, how is anyone going to know?Â* The quality of €śprofessional€ť
installations is so variable that as long as youre halfway competent no
one will be able to tell the difference, particularly if youre just
swapping a boiler and not relocating it.

And how can it void your insurance when the legal requirement is for the
installer to be competent and there is no requirement for them to be
registered, as long as they are not being paid for the work?

Where in most insurance documents does it mention self-installing boilers?

That was my thought too.