Posted to uk.d-i-y
Fredxx[_4_] Fredxx[_4_] is offline

Default OT: Eating sentient beings?

On 18/05/2021 16:31, T i m wrote:
On Tue, 18 May 2021 14:28:24 +0100, John Rumm
wrote:

snip

and that is the thrust of your problem.

My problem! By 'my' you are also including the millions of other
people who would rather not exploit animals when they don't need to?

Yes specifically your problem it seems, obviously shared with a subset
of evangelical vegans, but far from the majority IME.

What, you think most vegans who in most cases (eg, even if not
'ethical') wouldn't prefer everyone to also not be causing animals to
suffer and die unnecessarily? I can get how people who have chosen not
to eat meat because they don't like the taste or texture or have been
advised off it for medical reasons but most vegans aren't doing it for
themselves (primarily) but for the animals.

You speak for yourself, and provide an admission of envy. When you don't
do something for yourself, it can only result in resentment.

snip

Yet at no point did they feel the
need to take out a megaphone and start lecturing anyone and everyone in
earshot that by eating that lasagna, they are participating the RAPE of
a cow or any other nonsense.

Probably a sensible move. I wouldn't think of doing that either ...
however, in a *discussion group* ... that seems to contain loads of
talk about health and the environment ...

The problem is a fanatic is blind to his own megaphone performance.

Pleasant conversation, and enjoyment of a shared meal being far more
likely to engender people to their way of thinking,

It can do for sure. Other times you have to lock people in prison
because they don't seem to heed the message..

Quite, you would do animals a favour and undo the damage caused by being
the worst possible ambassador to veganism.

than the megaphone
program of harassment you seem to be following.

Aww bless. ;-)

But you'll ignore that and carry on your fanatical campaign regardless.