Posted to rec.woodworking
Leon[_7_] Leon[_7_] is offline

Default OT: Gas shortage

On 5/17/2021 5:43 PM, Eli the Bearded wrote:
In rec.woodworking, DerbyDad03 wrote:
On Monday, May 17, 2021 at 2:06:40 PM UTC-4, Eli the Bearded wrote:
In rec.woodworking, wrote:
I don't see what's gained by just substituting a camera/display for a
mirror.
Fuel efficiency. On a modern car[*] it's (IIRC) 3% of drag caused by just
side mirrors.

Except that comment made was referring to the rearview mirror, not the
sideview mirrors.

Studies have shown that the drag caused by the rearview mirror is
significantly less than 3%.

I don't believe that's been studied, but I will believe that result.

I think he was kidding, of course an inside rear view mirror will not
create any drag outside the vehicle.