Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Jason[_30_] Jason[_30_] is offline

Default size voltage divider I need for transceiver to spectrum analyzer?

On 5/18/21 1:49 AM, Phil Allison wrote:
Ralph Mowery wrote:
---------------------------------

A short antenna on the SA would probalby give enough signal to see what
is needed.

** Best a safest answer & "short" = about 100mm.

Either that or a single loop around the co-ax feeding a dummy load.

The SA needs to see about 100mV at 30MHz to stay clear of spuriae.

..... Phil

Tried the loop around the coax, just a prior loop I had made up one time
for RG-8 (this is RG-58 I'm using now). It's not tight around the RG-58
of course, but output stays well within the analyzer limit. However,
harmonics vary depending on where I move the loop. Maybe I should make
a tight single loop around the coax?