Posted to uk.d-i-y
Adam Funk[_3_] Adam Funk[_3_] is offline

Default Good ways to close the output power cable on a condensate pump?

On 2021-05-17, Adrian Caspersz wrote:

Sometimes installation things are supplied with short lengths of wire as
they get tested with them on the final stage of the production line?

It's definitely meant to be used for powering something else --- see
section 3.2.1 of the manual:

http://net.grundfos.com/Appl/ccmsservices/public/literature/filedata/Grundfosliterature-5235397.pdf

but that does make it sound like it's OK to open the thing up and
change the connections, so I suppose I could open it up and remove the
output cable entirely.

Strange manual, no mention on what colour the rest of the wires are, and
a view of the terminal block would be in place to identify what goes
where when the day comes for head scratching.

The alarm output wires look to me connected just to relay contacts, they
are not energised internally (unless the manual is telling fibs)

Huh, I didn't even think of that! I just saw an extra cable coming out
with blue and brown wires and assumed. The old one (different brand)
definitey had an output power cable with a separate float switch to
cut it off.