Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default OT: Eating sentient beings?

On Tuesday, 18 May 2021 at 09:46:43 UTC+1, T i m wrote:
On Tue, 18 May 2021 08:28:37 +0100, Robin wrote:

We routinely gas pigs to stun them (the 4th most intelligent animal on
the planet), a process that often takes several minutes (followed by a
prick test to actually see if it has worked). Any *real* animal lover
/ respecter present during that process would be distraught and would
probably stop it if they could.

Ironically it was the very reason the Nazi gas chambers were
implemented as it was less stressful *FOR THE GUARDS* than them having
to shoot every prisoner (of war, innocent 'captive' civilians ...)
manually. Parallels anyone?

I heard that it was done to save valuable amunition which was in short supple
in some places at the time and also much quicker and less messy.

But have never heard any statement from those that actually did it.

For the vast majority of people currently enjoying a strip of pig
flesh ... 'out of sight, out of mind'.

Same with most things.