Posted to alt.home.repair
rbowman rbowman is offline

Default OT used pickup trucks

On 05/17/2021 03:12 PM, Tekkie� wrote:
Funny how that works. Now you would have to go to court for reckless driving.
Some states have laws that if you are going faster that a set amount above the
limit. "You may not have to pay the fine but are getting the ride"

No kidding. I got stopped flying low from Minneapolis to Morris MN where
we were setting up a plant. The cop asked me where I was headed and I
told him to the new Fingerhut plant. He then asked if I was an engineer
and I said yes. Then he asked if I made pretty good money. By now, I'm
wondering where the hell this was going, but I said yes. 'Do you own a
firearm?' Now it's really getting strange. 'You could afford to buy a
firearm right?' I said yeah. Then came the punch line. 'Then buy a gun
and blow your brains out. This is open range and if you hit a cow at 100
I'm going to have to do a hell of a lot of paperwork. Now get out of here.'

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XhtoRlVUPo0

DOA was popular. I'd get into the rental Javelin and head down the road
and that song would come on. AMC did all right with that ride.

It is all from the chip shortage. I heard lately that there is only one company
that makes silicon chips for cars. The co. is running at 100% capacity. The
chips are using in all the modules. Garages can't get replacements for even the
main modules on new cars and good luck for older stuff.

That was a lesson I learned, don't use Motorola devices in your design.
They were good microprocessors but if Motorola go a zillion part order
from the car people they'd tell you to check back in a year for your
parts. I guess the name says it all.

I don't know who the players are in automotive electronics these days.