Posted to uk.d-i-y
John Rumm John Rumm is offline

Default Good ways to close the output power cable on a condensate pump?

On 17/05/2021 16:29, Adam Funk wrote:

No need to be too anal about insulation since they are all enclosed in a
box that needs a tool to access, and protected from being pulled out of
the box by the entry gland.

OK, I was just looking for a non-bulky way to terminate the output
cable so I can coil it up and cable-tie it out of the way!

Either a small dedicated box or similar then, or some adhesive lined
heat shrink.

If you cut the individual wires such that they are slightly staggered.
Get a couple of bits of heatshrink, shrink the first in place such that
it overhangs the end of the cable. Then fold over the free end and stick
another bit over it and the cable to hold it against the side of the
cable in the folded position. That should fix it all in place, and not
leave any possibility of accidentally poking something conductive up the
open end of the heatshrink. The adhesive will stop it being accidentally
being pulled off.

--
Cheers,

John.