Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default How do you memorise 6-digit authentication codes?

On Friday, 14 May 2021 at 13:16:12 UTC+1, Pamela wrote:
A web site sends you 6-digit number to your phone to check your ID. Do
you memorise this by saying to yourself: 12-34-56 or 123-456?

It's a genuine question to see what number span people are using to
remember random numbers.

For me it depends on the numbers themselves.
Sometimes it easier in pairs or 3-3 or even 4-2 or 2-4
But mostly I don't find I need to remmeber them.

When on-line backing or logging in to MS-teams or outlook, they send a sms
and that goes to iMessage and that opens up asking to you want to use this code
and it's sorted.