Old May 18th 21, 01:19 AM posted to sci.electronics.repair
Rheilly Phoull[_2_] Rheilly Phoull[_2_] is offline

Default size voltage divider I need for transceiver to spectrum analyzer?

On 18/05/2021 7:10 am, Jason wrote:
I just picked up a small spectrum analyzer to check out some
transceivers I have.* They are 10 meter ham units and put out anywhere
from 4-12 watts @ 50 ohms.* The new spectrum analyzer can handle a
maximum of 10 dbm.* What size voltage divider would I need to reduce the
transceiver wattage to less than the 10 dbm for the analyzer?* Thanks.

You should be looking at the voltages of the tx outputs rather than the
power.