Edwin Pawlowski

Default Considering a metal roof... need advice please

"Brett Philp" wrote in message

I've heard that Steel can loose it's finish. Anyone with any
experience with either Steel or Aluminium that can comment on the
value would be greatly appreciated!

Most finishes today are rather durable and will last many years.

Also I'm told the standard is to install straight over my existing
roof... any thoughts on that?

Often done.

What about mold, fire, weight, sound
and home heating?

Don't see that mosd would be a problem if it is not now. Fire is better as
it will not burn if you get ashes on top from a fireplace or stove. Weight
is not a big deal, less than many shingles. The barriers below deaden the
sound.

Also anyone experienced with either company I'd love to hear your
thoughts!

Can't help you their.
Ed