Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default OT: Eating sentient beings?

On 16/05/2021 17:36, Max Demian wrote:
On 16/05/2021 13:35, Fredxx wrote:
On 16/05/2021 12:33, T i m wrote:
On Sun, 16 May 2021 12:21:50 +0100, nightjar
wrote:

snip

There is not a law against eating human flesh, but getting hold of some
legally might be a problem.

And at least they could give *consent* to being killed / eaten.

Once you accept speciesism exists amongst (some of) us, *any* living
creature could be considered as 'just meat' and often are by those who
are at least exhibiting lower levels of logical inconsistency.

If animals could understand the concept of consent you may have a
point. They don't.

So all non-human animals reproduce by rape?

In the case of ducks, they absolutely do.

windows of my apartment. (I live on the twenty-first floor.) "

Alan Sokal