L. M. Rappaport

Default spray paint vs hand paint

On Sat, 17 Jul 2004 00:57:06 -0400, "wendi"
wrote (with possible
editing):

....snip

And the most disturbing thing is the sheen of the satin paint is
gone!?! I'm not sure if it's a result of the thinned paint or it's the
texture or both...

If you lose the sheen, it usually means you are not spraying
correctly. The trick is to shoot enough to get the smooth satin
texture without orange peeling but not too much or you get sags. You
need to experiment a bit. With lacquer, you can thin with retarder
and it's a lot easier to do (at least for me), but you should be able
to use what you're using providing it's properly thinned.
--

Larry
Email to rapp at lmr dot com