Posted to uk.d-i-y
Adrian Caspersz Adrian Caspersz is offline

Default Microwave malarky.

On 16/05/2021 13:06, Andrew wrote:
How do Panasonic inverter microwaves work then ?.

My trusty, reliable Sharp just pulsed on and off in varying times
when a power setting less than 100% was chosen, but the Panny sounds
the same om Medium as it does on full power.

Linear power control, no pulsing.

It's a variant of SMPS, the transformer is physically smaller etc....

Panasonic normally make domestic goods and electronics that last a good
years with abuse. Their microwave ovens are fine, have a good bit of
space inside. However, they don't last - we've sent three of basically
the same model to the skip in twenty years.

Kept all the glass turntables though.

--
Adrian C