Posted to uk.d-i-y
polygonum_on_google[_2_] polygonum_on_google[_2_] is offline

Default Vegetarians Have Better Cholesterol Levels

On Friday, 14 May 2021 at 14:28:22 UTC+1, Andrew wrote:
On 14/05/2021 09:27, Spike wrote:
On 13/05/2021 21:06, T i m wrote:
alan_m wrote:

On 13/05/2021 17:40, T i m wrote:

It's a funny thing, when I was previously eating all sorts of rubbish
but included (processed) meat, eggs and dairy (dairy till my doctor
advised against it), no one (here) seemed interested in my diet /
health. As soon as I started excluding the exploitation of animals
from my diet, everyone (well the trolls especially)

And OT posts about veganism isn't trolling?
I don't know (but it wasn't, it was about diets) I didn't start the
thread and so have done no more than you by commenting on it?

It was also about the caution that has to be applied to the
interpretation of a very limited set of markers indicating 'health' or
the suitability of a limited rather than a balanced diet, such as
claiming 'my B12 levels are fine' suggesting everything else is too.

A B12 assay is not a routine test so unless there are notable
clinical symptoms, all you need is to measure your Hb, RBC, and
MCV. These are all done these days as a set of parameters in one
go, and relatively cheap to do.

If they are normal then a B12 assay is probably pointless.

Check RDW as well (albeit not a separate test) as concurrent iron deficiency and B12 deficiency can make MCV look reasonable.