Posted to alt.home.repair
trader_4 trader_4 is offline

Default lawn tractor transaxel oil change

On Sunday, May 16, 2021 at 10:13:29 AM UTC-4, wrote:

IDK what's going on, but I agree with your issue. Seems like a short change
interval to me too, given that auto trannys are mostly filled for life now and
sure get used a lot more hours and harder use than a lawn tractor. I wonder
about the filled for life concept too, where you can't even check the fluid level.
You would think some of them would develop a leak and if you don't realize it,
something very bad would happen. I wonder if they have a level sensor or
similar to warn of impending disaster?

"filled for life" in modern car automatic transmissions ?
.. are you sure ? not CVT transmissions of course
Got a link ?
John T.

BMW, Mercedes have been doing it for twenty years now. Other manufacturers, IDK.
No way to check the fluid level other than to put it on a lift and open the plug.
And even that, for BMW, there is some complex procedure, it has to be at a
certain temperature, etc. How much that matters versus just taking the plug
out and filling it full, IDK.