Posted to sci.electronics.repair
[email protected] vjp2.at@at.BioStrategist.dot.dot.com is offline

Default usb Parallel converter

Basically my question is if the usb-prl converter works both ways.

Or how do I know if it does.

SIDEBARS: [The wiring goes behind furniture and through closets and is just
too daunting. It is amazing that plain DOS output works in most places. I
have been recently thrilled to mirror my old gnu-hybridised enviroment with
DOSBOX on a number of systems. I'd love to play with Raspberry Pi
someday.. even run TOPS20 on it. Do you really want a history of my sordid
computing? In 1980 I got an HP262a terminal to which I RS232 y-connected an
OKI82a in 1982 and an AMPRO 2210 80186 non-GUI MS DOS Generic PC in
1985. Really hate myself for dumping the OKI (because it used plain
typewriter ribbons) in 1995 when I got the HPOJLX, latter died two years ago.
I used to manually reload the HP26 cartridges and got loads of ink. I got a
multifunction HP printer sitting on top of the dead one almsot five years now
but never really got to figuring it out partly because I regret not getting a
feeder. In 1995 I put the Ampro in the basement (where it later output to a
Panasonic dot matrix just fine) and got a GW2K p5-75 from which I am typing
right now using DOS Kermit dialed into bash shell. I got a USB card for the
GW2K but never got it to work. The HiVal CD writer works about 20% of the
time and the ioZip drive destroyed all the disks with hiss of death
(misaligning of mag heads). But in 2007 I KVMed a 64bit AOpen on which I
triple boot (gparted grub) DOS, Quantian and XP. I got two acer aspire
laptops, one XP with cracked screen, another with very ornery but very fast
linpus. I also have three refurbed desktops in the basement. I had a
Mitsubishi brick phone in 1990 but haven't had a smellbone since 2009.]

--
Vasos Panagiotopoulos, Columbia'81+, Reagan, Mozart, Pindus
blog: panix.com/~vjp2/ruminatn.htm - = - web: panix.com/~vjp2/vasos.htm