Posted to uk.d-i-y
[email protected] nothanks@aolbin.com is offline

Default greasing sds drills

On 16/05/2021 14:12, Andrew wrote:
On 15/05/2021 23:45, John Rumm wrote:
On 15/05/2021 17:01, JohnDoe wrote:

Can you redo the link or give us the name of the product you talking
about as the link is broken :/ Thanks

Could you give us a clue to what you are referring to? Even looking at
the mangled home owners hub history, all the original thread structure
has been lost, so it's no clear.

http://wiki.diyfaq.org.uk/index.php/Home_owners_hub

I think he is looking for the grease that you should put on
the sds drill bit 'splines' as you slide it into the drill.
I just use CV joint grease. You should be able to blag some
from a friendly garage.

I thought there was an argument that this just caused grit to enter the
gubbins. I've never greased my elderly DeW 2kg or Titan 4kg - heavily
used and still going strong.