Posted to uk.d-i-y
Andrew[_22_] Andrew[_22_] is offline

Default Microwave malarky.

On 15/05/2021 22:26, Max Demian wrote:
On 15/05/2021 18:09, Tim+ wrote:
Chris Bacon wrote:
On 15/05/2021 05:59, jon wrote:

So any help on what's up, and what to do about it?

I had something similar and it turned out to be the magnetron breaking
down under load.

I've got one on order, plus 10 fuses....

I didnt realise it was economically viable to replace magnetrons.* I
must
admit, if our ancient Panasonic ever dies (about 35 years old), if
possible
I would like it repaired as it has a proper mechanical countdown timer
and a real bell that goes ding. ;-)

I don't think it would be economical to replace the glass turntable on
mine as I think they charge £25 including carriage and the oven cost £40.

In case I break it, I've lifted the turntable from one someone threw out.

The secondary metal tray that comes with a Panny combi micro (which you
must use on top of the glass turntable when using grill or convection
oven) was missing from my BHF charity shop purchase so I use the old
enamelled metal turntable from my defunct Sharp. It's the same diameter
so just sits on top. They are about £44 to buy :-(. I only paid £30
for the oven.