Posted to uk.d-i-y
T i m T i m is offline

Default OT: Eating sentient beings?

On Sun, 16 May 2021 12:21:50 +0100, nightjar
wrote:

snip

There is not a law against eating human flesh, but getting hold of some
legally might be a problem.

And at least they could give *consent* to being killed / eaten.

Once you accept speciesism exists amongst (some of) us, *any* living
creature could be considered as 'just meat' and often are by those who
are at least exhibiting lower levels of logical inconsistency.

Logical consistency is what we can enjoy as advanced / intelligent
beings, once we no longer need to hunt and kill animals to survive (as
is the case for the vast proportion of the population).

Cheers, T i m